Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus in Puff Pastry Recipe
- 6 oz sliced Prosciutto
- 1 sheet Puff pastry
- 1 large egg
- Garlic powder
- Pepper1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 dozens asparagus spears
- In a large saucepan bring 1 inch of water to a boil; add asparagus reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Drain and immediately transfer asparagus to a bowl of ice to halt cooking. Once cooled drain and pat dty.
- Roll a piece of prosciutto around the middle of each asparagus and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Prepare egg wash with a 1 tbsp of water set aside
- Roll out the pastry puff on a lightly powdered surface
- Lightly brush egg wash over the entire surface of pastry puff.
- Sprinkle lightly with the garlic, pepper and cheese.
- Go over once with a rolling pin to adhere the season to the pastry puff
- Using a pizza cutter cut the pastry in 1/2 inch strip
- Roll pastry strip around asparagus and set in parchment lined baking sheet.
- Tucking loose ends under.
- Brush each one with the egg wash and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- If preparing for a party. Part cook for 15 minutes refrigerate it overnight and cook for 8- 10 minutes at 400 F.