- 3 cups seeded and diced plum tomatoes
- 24 cloves caramelized garlic
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon capers, rinsed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 slices round country- style bread, sliced 3/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 basil leaves, chopped
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- To make the topping, combine the tomatoes, garlic, Parmesan cheese, capers, salt and pepper.
- Brush the bread on both sides with olive oil and grill 10 to 15 seconds on each side. Press down on the bread with a spatula so that the bread picks up grill marks.
- When the bread is grilled, top off the slices evenly with the tomato mixture and place them in a foil pan on the grill. Close the hood and heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the pan and sprinkle each bruschetta with basil and Parmesan cheese.