Bread pudding Recipe
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Kentucky bourbon whiskey
Bread Pudding Recipe
- 1 loaf french bread, one day old or more. Cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 qt milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins soaked in the 1/4 cup of Whiskey
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- In a saucepan, melt the butter; add sugar and egg mix it well. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. DO NOT allow it to simmer.) Mix it bourbon to taste. Remove from heat when it is soft and creamy.
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Soak the bread in a milk in a large mixing bowl. Press with hands until well mixed and all the milk is absorbed. In a separate bowl, beat eggs, sugar, vanilla, and spices together. Gently stir into the bread mixture. Gently stir the raisins into the mixture.
- Pour butter into the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking pan. Coat the bottom and the sides of the pan well with the butter. Pour in the bread mix and bake at 350 F for 35 – 45 minutes, until set. The pudding is done when the edges start getting brown and pull away from the edge of the pan.
- Serve with the whiskey sauce in the side.