Heavenly Amaretto Cookies Recipe
- ½ lb, blanched almonds
- 4 drops bitter almond oil.
- ½ cup of sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 T. confectioners sugar
- Finely grind the blanched almonds in batches, using hand grinder, blender or food processor.
- Combine almonds with almond oil, sugar, and lightly beaten egg whites.
- Knead in mixture into firm dough.
- With moistened hands, form dough into calls about 1 inch diameter. You should have about 45 balls.
- Place balls at least 1 “apart on baking sheet covered with baking parchment. Use second baking sheet if needed.
- Preheat oven to 250 F. Place baking sheet on bottom rack and bake for about 55- 60 minutes.
- Transfer baked cookies to wire rack. Using fine sieve dust cookies with confectioners sugar while warm.