- Cooking spray
- 12 ounces milk chocolate
- 1/3 cup light cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Cover a baking sheet with wax paper, and spray paper with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt milk chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the cream and vanilla. Spoon tablespoon-sized scoops of the chocolate mixture onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Refrigerate until well chilled, about 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir in shortening.
- Roll each piece of chilled chocolate into a ball. Use a spoon to dip chocolate balls into the melted chocolate chip mixture.
- Return truffles to baking sheet, and chill until firm.