Oatmeal Cookie in a Jar Recipe
- 6 cups rolled oats
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 pound shortening
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl combine oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- With a pastry blender cut in shortening until crumbly.
- Stir in raisins, coconut, chocolate chips and pecans.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 10 weeks.
- Attach a tag that reads: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet, or line with parchment paper. Measure 4 cups of the mix into a large bowl. Whisk together 1 egg, 2 tablespoons milk and 2 teaspoons vanilla; stir into the mix. Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls and place on prepared baking sheet. Flatten with a fork dipped in sugar. Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 18 minutes, or until golden. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.