Cherry Lime Champagne Cocktail Recipe
- 1 bottle of Prosecco or sparkling white wine
- 1 (10-ounce) can of whole cherries (not pie filling, but canned cherries)
- a few sprigs of fresh thyme
- Drain the cherry juice into a saucepan. Put the cherries in a jar for later.
- Simmer the juice and thyme over low heat for about 5 minutes. Take off the heat and let cool.
- Pour the cooled juice over the cherries.
- Put about 1 to 2 Tablespoons of the cherry juice in the bottom of a champagne glass. Add one cherry to the glass. Pour the Prosecco over the cherries. Garnish with a small sprig of thyme. Squeeze a bit of lemon juice in each glass. Someone told me once, that lemon is to cocktails as salt is to food. It enhances the flavor. It really makes a difference here.